It’s almost the weekend!! Here are 5 things I am kind of obsessed with this week.
1. I am really excited to finally be able to share that I have a new job! I am super excited to start this new phase of my career on Monday. Yep, you read that correctly Monday! Since we are taking a week of in June for our trip in Jamaica I figured why not just hit the ground running, and from experience I know having a week off between jobs leaves me far to much time to roam the isles of Target and burn up my debit card.
2. This weekend my friend Liz and I are taking a mini road trip to visit our friend Alanna for a very girly weekend. Not only are going out for a formal tea, we also scored some of the hottest tickets in town to the Downton Abbey costume exhibit at the Winterthur Museum. Alanna and I are big fans of the show and now that Liz is on summer break from law school we are determined to turn her into another fan. If you want to see the exhibit word to the wise book EARLY! It was crazy trying to secure our tickets. Luckily we connections ( Alannas mother is a member of the museum) but there was so much traffic the website went down when we tried to reserve our time. I am really looking forward to spending some quality time with these ladies and seeing the beautiful costumes in person.
3. Paleo week 2 – The first week of our paleo challenge went really well. We stuck with it up until last night. My co-workers held a going away happy hour for me and on thing lead to another and before the night was over I had consumed almost all of an individual size pizza. Do I regret it…..not really. As soon as that hot cheese, sauce and crust hit my mouth it was an explosion of flavors. Seriously the best thing I had ever consumed. I paid for it later when I woke up in the middle of the night with intense stomach pains and a totally stuffed up nose. It’s becoming more and more obvious that gluten and I have a love hate relationship.
So after indulging WITH moderation this weekend, we will pick this back up on Monday. I am sad to report that I didn’t magically drop 10 lbs in 4.5 days like I was hoping, but the number on the scale did go down a hare. I am scared to look at what last nights pizza debacle did to that number eeekk. Thanks to Pinterest we already have a full weeks worth of dinner items already planned out.
4. For those of you who know me personally, you know that I am pop culture junkie so it goes without saying that I have been obsessed with the whole Jay Z and Solange throw down. My co-workers and I broke down the video almost frame by frame and let’s just say we came up with some rather interesting scenarios which then lead us to talking about the Notorious BIG, Lil’ Kim, Faith Evans love triangle…..
5. I found this on Pinterest and it literally made me laugh out loud….
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!